A few basic criterions for admission include:
- The minimum age required to become an eligible resident of Assurance is 55 years.
People of all nationalities are welcome. However, relevant documents will be required as listed below:
- In case of a PIO, valid permit for long term stay in India should be furnished.
- In case of a foreign national, a copy of the passport, with valid visa should be provided.
- The resident should not be suffering from any infectious or communicable diseases.
- The resident should not be mentally challenged, suffering from dementia, Alzheimer disease or any other type of psychiatric disorder.
- The resident should not be dependent on any type of life support equipment, such as ventilator.
- We also provide long term assisted care at an additional cost depending on the type of care required (Attendant/Nursing).
- All applicants would need to clear a medical screening by a board appointed by the management of Assurance to become a resident.
We know that in the end it is not years in life that count! It is the quality of life in their life…
We help them wear their years with pride like a badge of honor for they have conquered, thrived and survived….We resolve to love and respect their right to dignity!
Admission is open to any senior citizen of Indian origin, who cannot run his / her life due to loneliness or in absence of any attendant / person who can take care of him / her, or those persons who cannot run their livelihood adequately due to old age factor, or those neglected by their own kith and kin or those persons who are free from family liabilities for which the applicant will be required to submit test reports of the tests as advised by doctors. The doctor on panel of the old age home will examine the test reports, and admission will be confirmed only on his approval.
Senior citizens who are suffering from infectious or mental diseases, or are involved in criminal cases or offences, or addicted to liquor or psychotropic substances, drugs etc. are not eligible for admission in the old age home.
Criteria of age of the inmates
Every applicant applying for admission to old age home shall be required to produce at the time of interview a person who is none other than his/her near relative, failing which he/she shall produce a consent letter / credentials from such near relatives like children, brother(s), sister(s) who have attained age of majority and are competent to contract and such letter / credentials shall bear the signature, full address of contact, telephone numbers for the purpose of personal interview held by the old age home and the applicant to access his / her eligibility to admission.
The applicant should also furnish the following documents
(in original) to the satisfaction of the authority at the time of interview:
If you like the place, please fill in an application in the prescribed form which is available in the office. Half of the security deposit has to be made at the time of booking the room. The balance payment can be paid at the time of arrival.
The residents can stay in the home as long as they wish. If the residents leave the home within 5 years, an amount after deduction will be refunded to you or your nominee. In case of palliative care in ICU, an additional charge will be added.
- The old age home will bear the expenses of medicines of casual illness such as fever, cough, cold, casual pains and will be purely on the discretion of doctor on the panel of Trust.
- Long running medicines for the diseases such as Blood Pressure, Sugar, Heart Problems, Migraine etc. shall be arranged by the inmate at his/her own expense.
- The old age home will provide one nurse to attend to the inmates during daytime at the Sadan.
- As situation arises, the services of a qualified medical practitioner(s) will be made available to the inmates at the Sadan itself. If advised by the doctor, the inmate will be taken to the hospital for treatment and, if necessary, get him/her treated as in-patient.
- In case if serious illness or accident, inmate will be hospitalized in Govt. hospital / Medical College, Bangalore only, and intimation will be passed to close relations of the inmate whose details would be provided by him / her in the application form, as early as possible after hospitalization. If the relatives or guarantor of the inmate want to shift the inmate for treatment to private hospital, they can do so on their expense.
- For treatment of serious illness, the inmate may deposit security of an amount as he/she may deem fit and obtain a receipt for the same. This amount, if not utilized in his/ her treatment will be refunded to him/ her or may be adjusted towards treatment of poor inmates solely at his / her option on his/her leaving the Sadan or on his / her death on an earlier written consent to that effect.
- Inmates medical history is to be provided before admission to the old age home
- We are not responsible for the sudden death of an inmate
In the unfortunate event of death of any inmate, the efforts will be made by the old age home as soon as possible to contact his / her relative on the telephone and at the address available in the office records. In case the relative fails to satisfactorily respond in a timely manner or fails to take possession of the body within 8 hours of the demise, the funeral rites will be performed by the old age home in such a manner as may be deemed appropriate. Even in the event of failure to contact the relative due to any reason whatsoever beyond the control of the old age home, the above action will be taken as far as possible only after 8 hours. No complaint or grievance whatsoever as regards the medical treatment or alleged negligence of any sort and / or as regards the disposal of the body will be entertained.
- The address and telephone number(s) of the nearest relative to be intimated in the event of death or serious illness of the inmate should be given at the time of admission itself
For those who are in station, your near and dear ones are most welcome at the specified time of the visiting hours. And for those who come from out station, facilities would be provided along with food for a nominal amount.
Visiting hours: All weekends between 10AM and 7PM
- To maintain continuous contact with the inmates’ family and others, visitors are allowed on all days between 9 A.M. and 6 P.M. in summers and 10 A.M. and 5 P.M. in winters. In no case shall the visitors be allowed after or before aforesaid hours. The inmates will entertain visitors at the specified place at the Sadan.
- In general, the Sadan will not provide food and shelter for any of the visitors. In case of special and pressing circumstances, the shelter and food will be provided at the discretion of the Management of the old age home on payment of charges as prescribed by old age home from time to time.
- Any inmate going out of old age home must return before 8 PM except for cases of emergency or with the prior permission of the management.
- No one will be allowed to meet the inmate(s) who is/ are bedridden due to illness without prior permission of the authority concerned.
- An inmate wishing to go and stay out of the campus for a short duration may do so only after recording the prescribed details in the register kept in the Old age home office for the purpose.
- Member may be permitted to stay out of the campus overnight with a friend/ relative, on giving prior intimation and prescribed information to the office. If a member desires to go on a holiday or vacation for a period not exceeding 30 days (at a time), he/she may do so after securing written permission from the Management, and such permission will normally be granted as a matter of course. However, if any inmate proceeds on leave for more than 30 days or he/she extends his/her leave beyond 30 days, his/her room can be allotted to any other needy person. He/She may be allotted another room as per availability on his / her arrival.